Sunday, February 12, 2012

Luis Suarez : I'm sorry


Luis Suarez apologises for not shaking hand of Manchester United captain Patrice Evra

Liverpool striker Luis Suarez has apologised for not shaking the hand of Manchester United defender Patrice Evra.

Despite indicating to manager Kenny Dalglish he would engage with the United skipper on his first start since serving an eight-match ban for racially abusing Evra at Anfield in October, Suarez ignored him, sparking an angry reaction.

In a statement on the Liverpool website, the Uruguayan said: "I have spoken with the manager since the game at Old Trafford and I realise I got things wrong. "I've not only let him down, but also the club and what it stands for and I'm sorry. I made a mistake and I regret what happened.

"I should have shaken Patrice Evra's hand before the game and I want to apologise for my actions. "I would like to put this whole issue behind me and concentrate on playing football."